The General Counsel supervises the OIG's Contract Oversight Specialists, who have professional expertise in governmental budgets, finance and engineering. Contract oversight includes proactive monitoring of procurement processes and assessment of contract performance that may include random inspections during the term of the contract. The Contract Oversight Unit provides real time review of County contracts from the beginning of the selection phase and throughout the life of the contract. This monitoring allows the OIG to work with County government to prevent fraud, waste and abuse before it occurs. Their final reports are published to the Board of County Commissioners and the Administration and are available to the public on our website.
Proposed Interim Agreement for the Rapid Mass Transit Solution for the Beach Corridor Trunk Line - RFP 01353
Observations on the proposed Interim Agreement and the procurement process for the “Rapid Mass Transit Solution for the Beach Corridor Trunk Line – RFP-01353” (Project).
By way of this memorandum, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provides our independent observations and comments on the County Emergency Meal Service (CEMS) Program.
Revised OIG Observations and Comments to RFP No. 01058 for the Purchase of an Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS)
Recommendation for Award Scheduled for the Infrastructure and Capital Improvements Committee Meeting of March 10, 2020, Agenda Item 3A.
OIG Review of the Procurement Process for the Operations of Public Parking Facilities at Miami International Airport, RFP-00808
By way of this memorandum, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provides our observations and comments on the above-captioned procurement for parking management and operations at Miami International Airport (MIA).
OIG Observations of the Procurement Process for Helicopter Purchase for the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department Pursuant to RFP No. 01424; Recommendation for Approval to Award Contract
Office of the Inspector General (OIG) actively monitors the procurement process for the “Helicopter Purchase for Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department” pursuant to RFP No. 01424.
OIG Final Report Re: Review of Safety Concerns and the County’s Procurement of CNG Buses for the Department of Transportation and Public Works
Safety Concerns and Procurement of additional CNG buses and the County’s overall CNG program.
OIG Final Report Re: Review of Potential Conflicts Relating to the County's P3 Solicitation to Design, Build, Finance, Operate, and Maintain a New Civil and Probate Courthouse
Review of potential prohibited conflicts, of a new courthouse proposer through its attorney representative given the attorneys’ longstanding representation of the Clerk of Courts.
Memo of OIG’s follow-up review related to fee increase justification to AECOM Technical Services, Inc. on WASD Consent Decree program projects
Memo of OIG’s follow-up review related to fee increase justification to AECOM Technical Services, Inc. on WASD Consent Decree program projects.
Agenda Item 8(O)1 on March 5, 2019: Proposed Amendment 1 to AECOM Technical Services, Inc. Professional Services Agreement
Memo raising concerns about proposed amendment to increasing the Professional Services Agreement fees to AECOM Technical Services, Inc., for WASD Consent Decree Program projects.
OIG Oversight on RFP No. 00953, Design, Build, Finance, Operate, and Maintain Civil and Probate Courthouse
Letter sent to the Eleventh Judicial Circuit's Chief Judge, advising of special provision in Courthouse RFP restricting communications by Intended Proposers with key stakeholders, including judiciary.
BCC Memo Re: OIG Assurance Review of the Incident Involving the Disclosure of the Unsolicited Proposal for a New Civil and Probate Courthouse
OIG review of incident where County’s P3 Financial Advisor on the new Civil and Probate Courthouse procurement, inadvertently transmitted confidential information to an unauthorized party.
- Memo to BCC Re: Review of Bid Waiver Contract for Traffic Control Modernization Services
June 15, 2017
- Memo to Board of County Commissioners, February 7, 2017, Agenda Item 8(O)(7) OIG Review of Amendment No. 2 to the Service Contract between the City of Hialeah and GS Inima USA Construction Corporation for the Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Facility in the City of Hialeah
Ref. IG13-34, February 2, 2017
- OIG Memo to BCC Re: the Grant Agreement between CCRE Meek, LLC and Miami-Dade County for the Carrie Meek International Business Park
Ref. IG15-04, January 17, 2017
- OIG Memo to BCC for the July 14, 2016 Miami-Dade Economic and Prosperity Committee Meeting
July 13, 2016
- OIG Memo Re: Review of the Proposed $45 Million Grant to the Museum of Science, Inc.
Ref: April 5, 2016 – Agenda Item 8C1, April 4, 2016
- Receipt of Status Reports Pertaining to OIG’s Review of the Value Adjustment Board
Ref. IG14-13, March 29, 2016
- OIG Report of Review of the Dade County Courthouse and the 40/50 Year Recertification Requirement
Ref. IG15-06, February 29, 2016
- Agenda Item 8(O)1 on March 5, 2019: Proposed Amendment 1 to AECOM Technical Services, Inc. Professional Services Agreement
March 1, 2019
- Memo of OIG’s follow-up review related to fee increase justification to AECOM Technical Services, Inc. on WASD Consent Decree program projects
Ref. IG19-0004-0, May 22, 2019
- Update on the OIG’s Review of Security Devices to Prevent Copper Wire Theft
December 2, 2013
- Program and Construction Management Services Related to the Wastewater System Priority Projects for the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department
Ref. lSD Project No. E13-WASD-01R, November 1, 2013
- Responsible Wage Violations Committed by contrator on the Marlins Stadium Project
Ref. IG11-13; March 13, 2013
- Memo regarding Proposed Resolution Approving Consulting Services to Foreign and Domestic Airports or Their Contractors through a Consulting Services Corporation
Ref. BCC Agenda March 5, 2013 Item 8(A)(1); March 4, 2013
- OIG Final Report Misrepresentation by vendor
Ref. IG12-38; January 16, 2013
- Mismanagement of County Funds by Public Works and Waste Management Department (PWWM), Traffic Signal and Signs Division (TS&S)
Ref. IG12-05, October 24, 2012
- Review of PHT Bid Waiver Approval Request for Professional Services and Software LicensesAgreement with MedAssets Net Revenue Systems, LLC
Ref: IG12-03, January 31, 2012